Thursday, September 18, 2014

It's Fall - Time to Hunt

Six weeks ago, I didn't think I would be saying those words. I won't go into details but those of you who know me, know the story. So,with a fairly high degree of certainty that I would be able to hunt, I bought my fall turkey license and deer bow license.
Both seasons opened last Saturday and I spent the opener in the Cities visiting with my grand kids. Hunting could wait....
Went out this afternoon and had this hen and jake within 18 yards. Either one was legal but I let them go. The jake was the perfect size for my turkey fryer but the season is young and he wasn't that big of a bird. I've got two months and if I don't get one, so be it. I'm just grateful that I can walk through the woods under my own power.
A buddy will be here tomorrow and after brushing a few stands, we'll do some bow hunting. It's bucks only this year but that's OK. Again, just to be in the woods......
There's a few grouse around and another buddy will be coming up to chase them around later this fall. I'll let Cody hunt with us and see how he does.
It's gonna be a good Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment