Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Man and His Dog

It's been a tough fall for bow hunting. Bucks only, and they seem to sit in front of my trail cameras when I'm not hunting or at night. The rut is on so maybe still..... I did have a bear under my stand two different nights. Glad he decided to leave before dark so I could make my escape as the sun went down.
Been out sitting in the rain a couple times and noticed this morning that a big system was coming through and this PM hunt would be a bust. So, I decided to grab the shotgun and do a little grouse hunting with Cody. He did a great job working last Saturday when Walker was here but we didn't even get off a shot. I did jump one bird and Cody found it and retrieved it, dropping it right at my feet. It was his first retrieve. After that he was like a cruise missile looking for more birds. We didn't jump any more but we had a great time. In fact, he refuses to take his afternoon nap. He's camped out by the back door wanting to go at it again. I think he'll keep me young.
Back to bow hunting tomorrow. It's gonna start getting colder with a chance of snow this next week. Hopefully that will keep the deer moving and put those ^^$%$&^ bears into hibernation!

No comments:

Post a Comment